This update is going to be a little to the point, as I'm currently swamped. But I figure it's better than nothing.
This past weekend I went to Stonehaven to meet another of my dad's cousins, Elma, her husband Walter, and their daughter Gillian and her family (husband Gordon and son Jamie, age 12). It was really nice! They are all lovely and so is home-cooked food. (What a relief to find that rice really can taste like rice and not miniature dried out sea sponges!) On Saturday we went to Dunottor Castle, which is in their town (lucky them), and sits on the edge of the types of cliffs that grace the background of this blog. Amazing. That afternoon I headed to Aberdeen on the train and romped around for a bit in the harbour area, visited a Maritime Museum that talked about many facets of the North Sea, and admired the stone architecture. I don't feel like I really saw the city, but I got a taste at least.
This week is a bit nuts so far, with an essay and a presentation due on friday, volunteering today, research assisting tomorrow, trampolining, selling candygrams for the hall charity campaign nightly, dinner with my academic family... etc. But it's alright, soon enough halloween will be here, and with it will come wonderous black lipstick and purple nail polish and teased hair. And candy, of course.
Love to you all. Wish you could come visit. Please send me mail.
Kathleen
| Walter, Jamie, Gordon, Gillian and Elma in Stonehaven |
| Elma at Dunnottar Castle |
| Aberdeen |
| Aberdeen |
| Aberdeen Harbour (view from Maritime Museum) |
No comments:
Post a Comment