Thursday, January 27, 2011

Inter-semester Adventures

I've been travelling a bit this week, so I've posted each location in a new post to make it less confusing. It's been really nice to see more of Scotland! I leave on Sunday for Prague and Salzburg with Bess and Lauren which should be amazing. Enjoy the pictures in these posts and remember you can click them to make them bigger.

Stirling Castle:

Today I went to Stirling with Bess and toured around the castle there. I realized that my knowledge of British history is really lacking, but I learned a lot about Robert the Bruce and the Stuart dynasty and a lot of kings with similar names. And the lighting was stunning (bonus!).







These tapestries are recreations of the originals that hung in the castle. We watched the weavers working on them - so excruciatingly slow. The project is supposed to take 4 years to complete. The painting above the tapestries is original to this building- the palace chapel. 

Bess with Robert the Bruce!

We landed in jail...

1 comment:

  1. These photos are lovely Kat, and it looks like you are having such a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete