Saturday, September 25, 2010

One week aniversary

Hi friends.

Today I have been in St. Andrews for a whole week, even though every day I say how it feels like we've been here forever. It feels like a month at the very least, but not in a bad way, just in a way that means we're settled here. It feels right. 

Yesterday I walked along the edge of the sea, and was again stunned by the beauty of this place. Even when it's stormy and cold, it's somehow beautiful. Last night we stayed in and I watched P.S I love you with the girls.. it reminded me of home. I've never seen that movie being this close to Ireland though! Haha. Yesterday I also bought a guitar at a charity shop for 45 pounds. I didn't realize how much I'd missed playing until I got back to my room and took it out right away.

Tonight is the last night of freshers week, so our last hurrah out on the town. We have tickets to another event at the union called ultrabeat, and it's a bunch of dj sets. My sore throat is warning me that I may pay for another night out, but here goes... 

Well it's almost lunchtime, then I'm heading to a sports fair just to check it out. Tomorrow is the big freshers fair where we find out about what we can join and get involved in this year. I'm thinking about running for Charity Rep for my residence, and I also start volunteering next week one of the many charity stores in town (Barnardo's Books, where students find their textbooks, etc for cheap and the money goes to the Barnardo Foundation). I figure that since I have only 6 hours of class per week, I need to find some fulfilling things to do! 

Much love, and I hope you are all enjoying the fall colour for me. 

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment